Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Zucchini Brownies

Are you wondering what to do with that bumper crop of zucchini?  I know there are a lot of uses for zucchini, and every year I am trying to find new ways to use it.  I ran across this recipe on Pinterest (I know I'm not the only one here with a pinterest problem, and I will see you at the Pinterest Anonymous meeting...) and I slightly modified it.  They are so delicious and healthy, and you won't even miss the flour, oil, sugar, and everything else that goes in to a traditional brownie.  I did make these with dark chocolate and they weren't as sweet as I like my brownies, next time I may try milk chocolate.
 


Ingredients:

Hazelnut Butter* - 1 cup
Grated Zucchini - 1 1/2 cups
Raw Honey** - 1/3 cup
Egg - 1
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 tsp
Nutmeg (I like fresh ground!) - 1/2 tsp
Dark Baking Chocolate - 1 5.3oz bar



Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8X8 pan (I like to use coconut oil, but you can use whatever you like).

Melt your chocolate.  I melted mine in the microwave in 2, 30 second intervals.  I was given a bar of Green & Black's Organic (pictured below), Dark Baking Chocolate with 72% Cocoa, so that is what I used.

In a separate bowl from the chocolate, mix together the egg and the nut butter. *You can use whatever nut butter you prefer.  I had a container of hazelnut butter from the last time I went to Sauders, so that is what I used.  Next mix in all of the ingredients, except for the zucchini.  **We had a jar of Raw Pomegranate Honey,*** so I used that.  Once you have mixed the ingredients well, add the zucchini.  Spread in your greased pan and bake for 35 - 45 minutes.  Mine baked for 42 minutes.  You should be able to test the center with a tooth pick, and have it come out clean.

These brownies are amazing.  You would never guess that they have zucchini in them.  Stay tuned for more zucchini recipes!



***I use iHerb to order a lot of stuff that is hard to find in my area.  They have really good, quality ingredients at a good price.  I will look for my discount code and update this post so that you can get $5 off of your first order.  If I haven't changed this, feel free to contact me and I will find it for you, if you are interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment