Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chocolate Syrup

My kids will go through three gallons of milk in a week or less if you would let them drink chocolate milk all day.  Most chocolate syrups you will buy at the store contain a lot of ingredients that most people probably can't even pronounce.  I wanted to make a chocolate syrup that I didn't feel bad about my kids drinking.  I found a lot of recipes that the number one ingredient was sugar, or corn syrup.  I wanted to use a natural sweetener, so I thought I would try using honey and maple syrup.  The results were great, my kids love it, and it is only four ingredients.  It doesn't get much easier than that!



Ingredients:
Pure Maple Syrup - 1 Cup
Honey - 1/2 Cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 3/4 Cup
Water - 1 Cup 

Combine and whisk all ingredients in a saucepan.  Heat on high to a boil and boil for one minute.  Allow to cool and refrigerate.  Really, its that easy!  If you don't care if your sweetener is natural or not, you could certainly use regular old white sugar.  You could also use all maple syrup, all honey, or even all agave nectar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment